Thursday, June 11, 2009

Manda is 28!

Manda's birthday was Monday, June 8, and she turned 28. We had the family, and a lot of her friends over Sunday night. It was a "Come wish Manda Happy Birthday, see her ring, and admire our new patio" party.
A lot of her friends from high school came over, ate, and socialized. We got 2 birthday cakes, and used most of both of them. We went thru a lot of meatballs and kielbasi and sauerkraut, potato salad and pasta salad. and 3 gallons of iced tea!

I almost wished I could cancel the party when Frenzy died, but I'm glad we didn't. It was a good distraction for us. The party broke up before 11- everyone had to work the next day. We did some final visiting, then went to bed. Monday morning Rapid Rover was picking Manda up at 0730, so I got to see her before I left for work and she left to return to her real life.

Jacob also has a June birthday- he was 9 on the 9th! His party is this weekend.

And it's raining again! This has been a ridiculous month- open the windows, close the windows. Turn the heat on, turn the heat off.

Message to Manda- 48 hours left, you'll make it!

Holly

1 comment:

Manda said...

Aww! I'm in the home stretch now! I know, I didn't feel much like partying that afternoon either, but I am glad everyone came over and had fun.