Monday, June 1, 2009

It's June!

This is our new fountain. It's not turned on yet. It's sitting on the block patio, and in the background is what will be grass and flowers. A work in progress.
This is the quilt top that I finished last night. It was a class that I took in October, called Crossed Kayaks. I worked on it all week, and finished the border last night. I need a good name for it. Toast approves!
You can see the secondary, circular pattern formed by the lights and darks.
I really like the way it went together.
This is what a single block looks like.
I wanted a border that would soften the darker colors and the lines. I fell in love with this fabric. I'd call this quilt an intermediate level quilt. I've been quilting almost 6 years, and I was real careful with the 1/4 inch seams, and I still lost a lot of my points.

So this quilt went from being a UFO (unfinished object) or a WIP (work in progress) to being a flimsy, which is a quilt top that the piecing is done, but it's not yet sandwiched and quilted.

I have to go back to the cutting chart and figure out how many yards of fabric I used!

2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

Oh wow Holly! I la,la,LOVE your quilt you just finished up!!! Beautiful and it has me already thinking this block would make a great swap block.... for the future... so I'm savign that idea ;)

Do you think it could be adapted to be paper pieced? So that the points all line up? Do you think that would help at all... just thinking out loud here ;) Your quilt looks great - love the colors and the circles that appear!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Smart Piggy said...

nice work on the quilt, I am just going around and letting other south jersey residents know about my new website www.sjrates.com it helps make it quick and easy to find what banks or credit unions have the best interest rates on loans and cds in south jersey, I hope you check it out and enjoy it!