Friday, March 14, 2008

Organization and disorganization

On the drive to work today I was thinking about how organized my work life is, and how disorganized my personal life is. At work I can put my hand on any record, and report, any memo, right away. Everything is placed in the logical place, and I clean up every day. My lists and files are on the computer, and backed up to my flash drive. My reports are all up to date, and I'm where I should be with my yearly tasks.

So how come my home life is a mess? Six pair of shoes in the kitchen, tools in the dining room. At least the ladders are out of the living room, as are the vertical blinds from the kitchen. (See last week's "To Do" list) The house is too cluttered to have a cleaning person, she'd run screaming away.

Is it that we only have a finite amount of energy, and when it's gone, it's gone? I guess if only half of my life can be organized, it's better that the half that earns my paycheck is the one.

Holly

No comments: