Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Midweek Madness

Tonight was "dinner with the nurses", which I always look forward to. There's a core group of four of us, and assorted people who occasionally join us. We've been having dinner once a month for years. We used to all work together, but now two are retired, and I work somewhere else, but we still enjoy each other. We move around to different resturants, but some things remain the same. I get teased because I have chichen parm 98% of the time. One of us gets all our onions from the salads, another gets all the cucumbers. A few of us tend to wear our food. We discuss everything from work to law to families, and generally enjoy each other's company.

Last night I made some pillowcases, to give as Easter gifts. "Cars" ones for the little boys, and a princess one for the little girl. I have to make the big boys and big girls tomorrow night. I also finished the lap afghan that will be a raffle item at the farm fair.

I finished "Exit Strategy" by Kelley Armstrong. It's about a woman who is a hitman. It was OK, but could have been better, and was way to long. Needed serious editing.

One more day of work, then ten days off!

Holly

No comments: