Sunday, March 30, 2008

A new week

I like Sunday mornings. They represent a new week ahead of me, filled with opportunities. I try to make a rough plan of what I want to accomplish during the week, at work and at home.

Today we're going to a reception for new students at Holy Family University, in Philly. Steph has been accepted there to finish her BS in Fire Science. She needs 14 classes to finish, and her work will pay for most of them. Fourteen classes doesn't sound like many, but it translates to a couple of years, when you consider that she works full time and would like to have some kind of life going on, also.

Tomorrow will be busy at work- with a week off, there'll be plenty to catch up on. And since tomorrow is the last of the month, I'll be starting all the monthly reports. And tomorrow is my brother's birthday!Not a milestone one, but every birthday is special.

I quilted a crib quilt on The Beast (my HQ16). The top looked great, the bottom not so great. I consulted the yahoo group, and it seems to be that my upper tension is still too loose. Back to the drawing board! And I've got the fabric for Ben's Badass Whole Entire Quilt in the washer.

Goals for the week:
Quilt another crib quilt
Finish Manda's PJ bottoms
Cut out Ben's quilt

Sunday morning things to be happy about:
I'm on the right track with the HQ tension
Steph's work is paying for her college
The sky is blue, and the sun is shining
Ralph is making great progress on the porch/deck.

Holly

No comments: