Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring-ish!

 Finally, nice weather! In the 60's all week, blue skies, just so nice. Mike called me last night to tell me the peeper in the swamp were awake, so spring is here! Yay! 


We went to see Jules yesterday, to take her birthday gifts. She loved the beach towel! I got her a bunch of things that I thought she'd like, and she was happy with everything. She goes to actual school two days a week, and wants to go every day. I can't believe she'll go to high school in September! We had a nice visit with her, Heather and later Ed. Eddie was at school, then playing tennis with friends, so we missed seeing him.


White Castle Casserole is what this is called. Crescent roll top and bottom, filling is ground beef, onion, cheese and mustard. We put ketchup on it when we ate it. I halved the recipe, and it was just the right amount. Ralph had half, I had a quarter, and he had the last quarter the next day for lunch. I served it with broccoli. 


Over the weekend we ate local- chicken cheese steaks from JJ's with cheese fries. They are so big that we had half, then nuked the other halves the next day for lunch.




The first two are the latest in series that I read, both were very good. The Helen book is the first I've read by this author, and it's intriguing. I'm only about 50 pages into it so far. 

Cross stitch is coming along, snakes need some attention. 

My car has a recall, so we just made an appointment for next week to get that taken care of. It takes 90 minutes, so we'll go and wait for it. 



I also read these two books, both #2 in series. I'll request both #3's, then decide if they've grabbed my attention enough to keep up with them. 

I saw the NP at the dermatologist's office on Monday for a skin check, all is well. I didn't expect any issues, but I think it's been to years. 

Now I have to go ponder what's for dinner. The age old question.

No comments: