Sunday, March 21, 2021

A beautiful day!

 The sun is shining, the sky is blue! We're getting used to the time change.



Easter is so close to St Patrick's Day this year! I hung our new Easter shower curtains, put a springy table cloth on, and we're decorated! Yay!


Amazon had the lion mane costume so cheap that I had to buy it for Honey Rose! I had it sent to Julianna, and it will arrive tomorrow. I told Heather, and she said it'll be great, the campground that they will have the camper this summer has a pet costume parade as well as a Halloween parade. And Honey is so patient, she'll put up with it as long as Heather keeps the treats coming!


The cross stitch is off the frame for now. I'm doing the last column on the right, and it's too much of a reach for a lefty, so I've put the project on a smaller q snap for now. I'm taking a break from it, to start a new crochet temp project in a new to me stitch. It's called Apache Tears, and I love the look of it. I just watched a couple of you tube videos, and printed out instructions. 


Not the greatest picture.


We also made a library run! I took back a bunch, and picked up a bunch. 

I've been in a cooking slump, haven't been real hungry and haven't felt like cooking. I did make cowboy casserole, and that lasted a few days. Then we had DiGiorno's pizza, and yesterday we got chicken cheese steaks from JJ's Kitchen here in town. I made scrambled eggs and sausage yesterday for breakfast. 

I have been doing lots of reading, still hooked on Patricia Briggs' two series. Mercy the shape shifter is the main character in one, and in the same universe, Charles and Anna are the Alpha and Omega werewolves in the other series. Briggs makes werewolves, shifters, vampires and the fae plausible and logical, and the books are very well written. Urban fantasy isn't usually my thing, but she writes so well that I'm hooked. 

No comments: