Saturday, January 11, 2014

Soup's On!

I have the crockpot going with chicken noodle vegetable soup. 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken, a can of crushed tomatoes and one of diced, 2 cans of chicken stock, half a bag of fresh shredded carrots, some chopped celary, some seasoned salt and a little water. Put it all in the crockpot (with crockpot liner, of course), and go away and let it cook and blend. I'll put noodles (precooked, or I'll lose all my broth) in the last half hour. It'll give me a couple of meals for us, and I'll take mom a couple of days worth. 

Yesterday was horrible- rain, and a sudden drop in temp made the roads all icy just as I left for work. The hill was slippery, and a bus coming up the hill was stuck. I went down it about 5 MPH! Once I got to the Pike, the road was much better, but no one was going more than 20 MPH. I was about 10 minutes late for work, but I got there!

Am I the last one to find out that you can put teabags in the re-usable Keurig cup? Or just put the cup in empty, and put the tea bag in the cup? So much cheaper than the k cups, and a better selection! Right now I'm drinking raspberry zinger. 

Today it's almost 60 out, and rainy. We've already been out and did all our errands, so I'm in for the day. 

Steph, Dan and the pups are settling in to their new life in Beaverton (right outside Portland) Oregon. Amary is feeling much better after her bout with bronchitis. 

I got the urge to crochet snowflakes. I found a pattern on about.com that uses regular yarn, and made a couple while I was in Mill Creek, which I gave to Manda. I also bought a book that uses crochet cotton, and the supplies. And I put up the question on the HGTV crochet boards, which got me some links. One of which was to join a group called crochetville, which I did last night. One suggestion was to make a snowflake every Monday, which will give me 52 by next Christmas. I like that idea a lot. As one woman put it, she's made blizzards of snowflakes! 

But I have to finish the baby afghan I'm working on before I start anything else, quilting or crocheting.

Happy Saturday!
Holly

No comments: