Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all! I've already talked to all the girls. They called from the car- they're going out to lunch, then Heather is taking Manda and Steph to the airport. It sounds like they had a wonderful visit, and the weather cooperated.

Ralph and I suffer from a disorder called FSS. Flat Surface Syndrome. It means that whenever there's a flat surface, we have to put something (or many things) there. I'm not sure it's treatable. It's really annoying. I've been looking for a document all weekend. It's in a manila envelope, and I'm sure it's on one of the many flat surfaces of the house. I'm also sure they're are layers on top of it.

Ralph has been working on laying the block for the patio. Each block weighs 40 pounds, and he's laid 170 of them. He's about halfway done, and it's looking great. Once the block is laid, the fountain can go up, and we can get some dirt for the rest of the yard and get some things planted. Things like work and rain and been delaying him.

No quilting this week. I've barely been in the sewing room. Total lack of ambition! Two nights I went to bed really early, and the other nights I was reading.

Next weekend Steph moves to her new place! Instead of being 29 miles from us, she'll be 12, which the dog will appreciate, beings that she hates the car. And with the new, larger apartment, and being closer, she can actually entertain!

Sunday things to be happy about:
Sun tea made on the deck
Steph and Manda got to spend time with Ed, Heather and the kiddies
Family

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: