Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday night

What a long week this has been! More standardized testing going on at work, which meant peace for the first two hours of the day and chaos the rest of the day. Every afternoon, the kids were a mess!

Tuesday night we got The Phone Call about Manda and Ben's engagement, so that was wonderful.

Wednesday night was the Camden County School Nurse's banquet. The food was mediocre, and the speaker apparently works in Mayberry. The company at the table was fun, and there were lots of door prizes- I won a basket with a big candle and 5 bottles of wine!

Thursday night was a dinner at school, so I was there all day, and til 8 pm. I'm too old for 2 long days in a row- this morning I felt like I was run over by a truck. Speaking of trucks, Jim was able to fix Ralph's brake lines, so the rental can go back tomorrow.

So I got no sewing, quilting or crocheting done this week. Just too tired and too much going on. I don't use a rotary cutter when I'm tired, as I like all my fingers attached to my hand.

Ralph worked on the patio a lot- he's almost done the patio blocks, and the fountain is up! If it doesn't rain this weekend, he should be able to turn it on.

And so it goes!

No comments: