Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yay for Sinus Rhythym!

They finally, after months of drama, cardioverted my Mom today, and her heart is back to sinus (normal) rhythym! Hopefully it will stay in the "right" rhythym and she will feel better and stronger.

I was so upset earlier. I called, and Mom said they were giving her potassium IV, and her whole arm hurt. I told her the site needed to be changed, or more fluids added. Don't be a martyr- it isn't supposed to hurt! I couldn't run up there, because I was getting ready to go to my own 6 month followup with my cardiologist.

After seeing my doc, I went to the hospital, and they'd just taken Mom down, so I left her a note. She just called to say she's in sinus -Yay again- and that the nurse had changed the IV site and it stopped hurting. Duh, as the kids say.

So she'll be able to come home tomorrow, and hopefully get back to her normal.

As for my visit with Dr. L, everything is good, and I don't have to see him for another 6 months. Yay again.

Today is Ben's birthday! Ben is Manda's boyfriend, and he's 24 today. How funny is it that the Jersey girl moves to Houston and meets a guy from Nebraska there!

Happy Birthday Ben!

No comments: