Tuesday, August 5, 2008

As much fun as an abscessed tooth!

Yep, it's an abscess. Jaw felt funny over the weekend, went and had it xrayed yesterday morning. So the dentist put me on penicillin, and I have a root canal scheduled for Friday morning. Advil for pain.

And next Monday Mom is (supposedly) getting cardioverted, which means yet another trip to the lab for bloodwork Thursday. If it works, they'll keep her 48 hours or so to start different meds. This will be her 4th admission this year with afib- I sure hope they get her back to sinus rhythym, as this is truly getting old.

We were trying to go to Williamsburg for a few days with Frank and Charlotte, and due to doc and dentist appts for Ralph and I, and his work schedule, couldn't get enough open days. And that was before the root canal and cardioversion!

My quilt class for this Thursday got cancelled, as I was the only one signed up. I'm hoping my cooking class at Sur La Table doesnt also get cancelled.

The only decent news is that the Hurricane didn't hit Houston directly. Johnson Space Center was closing early yesterday and staying closed today, so the employees and contractors, all 30,000 of them, would be off the roads. Manda and Ben stocked up on water, bread and milk (French toast anyone?) and are holing up in her apartment with the cat.

Holly

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

oh Holly, so sorry to hear about your tooth! I hope the Advil helps with the pain. *hugs*

I'm glad too that the hurricane wasn't as bad as expected. It came in at Pr. Arthur about 20 min South of us.

Happy Weekend and Love From Texas! ~bonnie