Sunday, August 24, 2008

Actually did some quilting!

I finished quilting Manda's couch quilt! One of them, anyway- one down, one to go. I used the baptist fan groovy board on the HQ16. The quilt's been up on the frame for a couple weeks, just hadn't gotten back to it.

We found out the table sags in the middle when the machine is there, just enough so the stylus comes out of the groove- which showed in my quilting. Once I was finished, Ralph rigged up a center support. HQ would be happy to sell me a 5th leg, for $100, but Ralph fixed it with scraps of wood.

Doing the quilting was fun, once I settled down and just did it. I had the CD player on LOUD, and the tension was great. There's a learning curve to the groovy boards, in the spacing of the rows. All in all, I'm happy with it. That's two quilted, about 10 waiting to quilt. I figure I have to quilt 20 to make up for the cost of the machine.

Steph and Toast came home- we're doing a girl trip to Lancaster tomorrow. Heather, Julie, Sharon, Mackenzie, Steph and I. Just a day trip this time. With so many people and car seats and strollers, no one is buying anything big. Then Toast will stay with us because Steph has classes Wed and Thurs night, and leaves for Houston Friday to see Manda.

Goals for the week:
Get another quilt loaded.
Cut fabric for the mystery class Thursday night.

Things that make me happy:
Having Steph home for a couple of days
The porch and deck floors have been stained, and the tables and chairs are up

Holly

No comments: