Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stress tests and stress

This is Stephanie, our youngest daughter. She's going to be 25 this summer, and is our only child still at home. Steph works full time, and goes to college at night. She's on the permanent Dean's List at Camden County College, and has one two year degree in Business Mgt, and is working on one in Fire Science. She just got notified that she is accepted to Holy Family University in Philly to get her BS in Fire Science. Her employer is paying for most of her degree.

Steph wants to move out into an apartment, in Philly near the college, this summer. Just her and Toast. I really understand that she wants to spread her wings and get out of the family house. I just worry about a cute young lady living by herself. I'd be much happier if she was getting a two bedroom apartment with her best friend.

I don't think it's an empty nest thing, trying to keep the chicks in the nest. I hope I'm not that controlling, anyway. She tells me that it's a safe area, and that she and Toast will come home for weekends, because they'll miss us.

So all I can do is support her, and love her, and trust her judgement. I know she'll be fine, and her room will be ready anytime she wants to come home. But I can invoke a mom's privlege and worry!

Stress tests- I had part one this morning, and passed, or so the doc tells me. Walked the treadmill, and had pictures taken of my heart. Part two is Friday.

Holly

2 comments:

Stephee said...

Me and Toast will come home to visit, raid the fridge and complain why there's never any food in the house...

But really, I'll be home most weekends in the beginning, and I'll only be an hour away.

denise said...

HI, I DON'T KNOW IF THE FIRST COMMENT WENT THRU BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE A GOGGLE ACCOUNT AND HAD TO SIGN UP SO I WILL REWRITE IT, LOL.
STEPH WILL BE FINE IN HOLY FAMILY, AMBER LIVES AROUND THE CORNER AND HEATHER IS JUST A FEW MINUTES AWAY AND IF SHE NEEDS ANYTHING DURING THE WEEK OR JUST WANTS TO KNOW WHERE SOMETHING IS SHE CAN JUST GIVE THEM A CALL HEATHER'S HOUSE NUMBER IS 215-632-1699 AND HER CELL NUMBER IS 215-791-2768 AND AMBER'S HOUSE NUMBER IS 215-437-6432 AND HER CELL NUMBER IS 267-616-9312, AND ME AND MY DAD ARE ONLY 20 MINUTES AWAY OUR NUMBER IS 215-425-6581. SO STEPH WILL NOT BE ALONE IN PHILLY, LOL.