Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted! Ralph and I have been dogsitting all week, while Steph is on a ski trip to British Columbia- she's due back tonight. She was due in at 9 pm, but the flight from Chicago has been delayed twice, and now it'll be midnight.

Tuesday was parent conferences at school, from 2-6 p.m. The weather turned bad, and we were dismissed early- our cars had a half inch of ice on them! I drove at 5 MPH down the interstate, and was so glad to get home.

Wednesday night I picked fabric for the paper piecing class I took yesterday. It was my birthday, and Ralph made me dinner. I talked to my Mom, my brothers, and my daughters- some on Wednesday, some on Thursday.

Thursday I saw the cardiologist, and the EKG was good. He wants me to have a stress test the 27th and 29th. I'm concerned about my bad knee, but he said don't worry about it. Thursday night I cut my fabric for quilt class. The doc started me on HCTZ because I'm retaining so much fluid, and it hurts to stand up by the end of the day.

Friday I got together with a group of friends. We call ourselves Cookie Swap, because we used to have a yearly cookie swap. It drives Ralph crazy, he wants cookies! So now we call ourselves The Group Formerly Known as Cookie Swap. We had a wonderful evening, and I didn't get home until amost 2 a.m.

Saturday was paper piecing class, the Carol Doak method. We're doing a wall hanging called Fire and Ice. I love taking classes, to learn a new technique. The other two ladies in class are women that I've taken classes with before, so we did a lot of chattering and a lot of sewing. Class was supposed to end at 1 pm.- I left at 2 p.m., and I was the first to go! We have to finish up our squares, and next week will be assembling the wallhanging.

Today Ralph and I drove to Quilting Possibilities in Forked River, 51 miles from here. A nice drive, thru the Pine Barrens. A huge store, and very friendly people. Now I'm waiting for Steph's plane to get in.

Things I'm happy about:
Not having to go to the ER last night!
Finally finding a "add a 1/4 inch" ruler at QP.
Spending the day with Ralph.
Having tomorrow off for President's Day.

Holly

No comments: