Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

It's so nice to have a day off from work! We picked up Steph and friends Jay and Kate from the Philly airport last night after midnight, so it was 3 a.m. before I went to sleep. Got up at 10 a.m. and went and had my bloodwork drawn before going to lunch with some of the family.

Then I came home and did it- I bought a Handiquilter 16, a midarm quilting machine. I've been planning on doing it for a year, and was going to order it at the Machine Quilter's Exposition, but I'm not going there after all. I don't want to be that far away from home right now, with the afib and flutter episodes. So I bought it, and it'll come next week. It'll be delivered in 7 boxes! I'll be able to quilt the several tops that are in the closet. Some are unassigned as of yet, but two are Manda's. She'll be so happy to finally get them for her couch.

Tonight I made 3 flannel receiving blankets that Heather requested for a friend of hers. Very easy to make, a two yard piece of flannel folded right sides together, stitch around it leaving room to turn it right sides out. Then do another row of stitching around all the edges. I made several for Heather when Julianna was born, and she uses them all the time. I also made some for my niece when her daughter was born last summer.

It felt good to be back in the sewing room! It's the first I've sewn, other than quilt class, since my hospital visit.

Holly

1 comment:

Manda said...

Yay I can't wait for my quilts! That's awesome that you finally ordered your midarm, I'm glad you're back in your sewing room!