Saturday, May 22, 2021

Hot weekend!

 Hot as in 93 degrees! Yikes! Luckily, we just had the AC people out to give the system it's annual checkup. Not that we couldn't have turned it on before it got checked out.  We haven't turned it on yet, we'll see how it goes. Monday it's only supposed to be in the low 70's.


My roses are still looking good!


Not the best pic, but it's a fruit bowl. There's a new place called Philadelphia Provisions. We first got a chef salad that we got like 5 salads from! Yesterday Ralph got an order of sausage scallopini and I got the fruit bowl. The basis is 
açaí berry, it's cold and a consistency between water ice and ice cream. It's topped with pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, granola and coconut. I had about a third of it, and the rest is in the freezer.



Another color set done! It's 48 inches wide, which surprised me. And so far, 21 inches long. Today I'll take a break from it and bring the snakes up to date. I try to work on them twice a month, and I'm a little behind. 

I'm up to over 3 miles most days on the bike! Ralph has a clamp in it so I can attach my iPad mini, and read while I ride. I'm re reading the Mercy series by Patricia Briggs. Werewolves, shifters, fae and vampires, oh my! 

So my plan to avoid the heat is to crochet, catch up on some shows,  and read. 

No comments: