Sunday, January 13, 2019

Snowy Sunday

It started snowing during the night, and it's supposed to continue for most of the day. States south of us are getting much more snow that we are, for a change. 
I made rice pudding in the instant pot! Easy peasy! Really good, too.


I also made chicken and fettuccine in the instant pot. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around cooking chicken in 8 minutes! The fettuccine was okay, not sure if I'll make it again. I feel like the sauce could have been richer, it was kind of bland.

It's fun that all of my daughters also have instant pots, so we can share recipes. Some days we text back and forth a lot. Steph was the first to venture into instant pot. She asked for one last Christmas, and I got it for her on Cyber Monday. She raved about it so much that Manda got on in the summer, on prime day. I decided I wanted one, but waited til the kitchen was finished and it was cyber Monday. While I was at Manda's for Thanksgiving, she showed me how to use it. Heather got one the same week I did. 

Yesterday was frustrating. The state benefits program is requiring proof for all dependents. This will be the third time I've provided my marriage certificate to prove that Ralph is my dependent! Then, the county MUA bills came out. The new owners of Mom's house had their bill sent to them at my address- again. I'll drop the bill in their mailbox. Then, Lowe's called last night. I have a special order ready for pickup. Ordered September 28, appears to be flooring, to the tune of $770! Explained the whole saga to the young lady who called. Bottom line, I don't need or want it and and I'm not paying for it, so they can do whatever with it. 

Yesterday was also fun, I went to a baby shower for the daughter of one of my closest friends. The food was great, the gifts were wonderful, the people were fun to talk to, and it was a great gathering. And the first time I used the car navigation by myself to get somewhere that I wasn't sure how to get to. I was anxious about that, but it went fine.

I also sewed this week, yay! I made 6 oversized flannel receiving blankets, which always go over well. And I finished crocheting the melon shrug that I've had apart 4 times! I'm not crazy about it, but it'll do for over my shoulders when I'm sitting on the couch.

And the snow is still falling!

 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I feel your pain with the benefits board. It seems like every time I turn around we have to provide proof that we are married.

Keep your spirits up.

How much snow did you get? We are in central NJ and only got a dusting that was gone by this afternoon.

Happy quilting.

Holly Garemore said...

Hi Sherry! We got about 3-4 inches this time.