Saturday, January 5, 2019

A rainy Saturday

My goal for 2019 is to make one new dish in every two week period. As I learned in nursing school, goals have to be realistic, measurable, and attainable. As a meme said, a goal without a plan is just a dream. 

My first new dish was instant pot Tuscan chicken. It came out so good! The only alteration I made was with the chicken. We'd been to the Lamp Post Diner the day before, and I got the jersey shore salad with grilled chicken. I boxed the chicken and brought it home, and cut it into small pieces. I microwaved it for a minute, and added it at the end, with the spinach. The recipe made a lot! We each had two helpings the first night, and we had leftovers last night, and there's enough for tonight's dinner. The recipe is definitely a keeper!
I texted this pic to my kids, showing them how Ralph makes me crazy! 

We went to Lowe's yesterday and got our refund on the unused materials from the kitchen project. Then we started looking at things for redoing the master bathroom , which Lowe's will NOT be the contractor for.


This is what I'm looking at. I want to go white with the vanity and cabinet. I love the square sink! I asked my people for suggestions for a wall color- I told them I want dramatic. Heather suggested navy, Ralph likes evergreen, and Manda came up with coral, which is the color of the year. All three would work, but I'm leaning toward coral at the moment. I want to replace the tub with a shower, and Lowe's selection was small, so I have to go see what Home Depot has. Natalie, our contractor's project manager, said it will be a 5 day job, since we need the sheetrock and ceiling replaced. She said to call her once I have everything picked out, and we'll shop.

So let's get 2019 started!
 
 
 
 

No comments: