Saturday, February 3, 2018

Still Cold!

It was 13 degrees this morning! Yesterday it snowed off and on, but didn't really lay, which is fine. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow for the Super Bowl, which the Eagles are in. We're invited to Heather and Ed's for a party, in which only the half time show will be watched. It's a very select group, just us and Ed's parents.
I forgot to post this when I finished it. It's baby blanket sized, and was done with caron cakes, or something similar. 
Then I started this one, with Hobby Lobby's sweet rolls. The colorway is called Saturday Sundae. I have one or two more rolls to add to it.
The temperature afghan is coming along! It looks smaller here because I put it on the floor to get the whole width in the picture.
Th temperature scarf is also coming along. 40 stitches wide, single crochet with a G hook, picking up the back loop only to add texture to it. 
And last but not least, and I don't know why it's showing upside down, is the counted cross stitch fire house for Steph. I work on the temp afghan and scarf every day, and kind of alternate the granny and the cross stitch. 

I read 14 books in January, 3 on the kindle. I'm working my way thru Jill Shalvis' books, with some miscellaneous library books in between. 

Ten more days and I'll turn 65 and be on Medicare. How did that happen? But it's better than the alternative. My friends Linda, Linda (Sam) and Doris died before they were old enough to collect social security, so I'm happy to have the opportunity to grow older. 

 

 

 
 

No comments: