Friday, February 16, 2018

Warmish

It feels so good to not have to bundle up to go outside! But it's only mid-February, so we could still get lots of snow. Boo.

Tina in her chair, and on Ralph's lap. She stretches out and purrs, until he does something unacceptable like move. 

Steph's fire house is coming along nicely. The aida cloth is actually a light blue, to represent the sky. 

The temperature scarf! I spent an hour yesterday weaving in all those ends, so it looks a little different today.

And the temperature afghan! I'm so happy with how it's coming along!

I just finished the new JD Robb, Dark in Death. Really good, as are all of hers. Nothing on TV, since I don't watch the Olympics. So I'm binge watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix, a British mystery series. 

I had a really nice birthday. Talked to all my people, and had lunch with Ralph and Heather. Heather brought me a bunch of purpley pink mums, which I love. Manda and Steph sent me chocolate from Godiva and See's, always a hit! And Ralph got me a box of chocolate covered cherries, and a bag of Swedish fish. All wonderful gifts! 

This morning I had errands to do, so Ralph went along with me and we started with breakfast at the Lamp Post. Then quick stops at the library, mailbox, and bank.

My mom gets so much mail! Everyone asking for contributions, if they enclosed a postal paid envelope, I write deceased across her name and send it back. Florence still gets the occasional mail, and she's been dead for four years!

The plan for the rest of today is to do my temperature rows and work on the cross stitch. I read for a half hour to an hour before I go to sleep at night. 

And that's retired life! It's great!



 

No comments: