Saturday, January 10, 2015

January

We've finished our first full week of January. We had school on Monday, off Tuesday for Three Kings Day, and the kids had a half day on Friday. 

Tuesday it snowed, less than two inches, but enough to incite hysteria in the media. We took Moose, my Janome 6500, to the spa for a cleaning and routine maint. It's been at least 3 years since I had her professionally cleaned. I take the bobbin case out and clean as much as I can on a regular basis. Since I'm in crochet mode, I thought it was a good time for her to go in. Her name is Moose because she weighs 37 pounds. 

I read 133 books last year, 47 on the Kindle or Nook. That's about my usual. 

My first crocheting goal of 2015 is to make 100 each of angels, snowflakes and bells for the 2015 Xmas tree. It'll take me at least the whole of January. 

It's been cold this week! One day it was 9 when I left the house at 7 a.m. That day we had a high of 23! 

We got Chinese food for dinner last night, something we do 3-4 times a year. We had plenty for leftovers for lunch today. 

We have a couple of birthdays in January. Joey will be 2, Zac will be 14, and Jim will also have a birthday. January 29 would have been the birthdays of both my late friend Linda, and my late grandmother Elizabeth. 

And so it goes, with my first post of 2015!
Holly

No comments: