Sunday, January 25, 2015

Another winter storm- maybe

We might get a clipper, then a blizzard. Or not. Depends on how the storms track. And depending on which forecaster you're listening to. There will definitely be weather of some sort.

Today is our usual day to shop, so we were at Perk's a little after it opened. It wasn't crowded (yet) which was good. And I remembered to take the list with me, also good. I bought the ingredients to make a new to us dish called tater tot casserole. 

Stephen White is one of the authors I want to catch up on this year. Last night I read Line of Fire, which is a play on words. It had a twist I didn't see coming, and which kept me up til midnight finishing the book. Today I'll start the newest, and the final book in his Alan Gregory series. 

I'm working on a hooded cowl for Amary, that looks like a turtle shell. The yarn is very thick, and it uses an N hook, which is huge. I hope to finish it today. Next up is a hat for Joey for his birthday. 

Hallmark has been running sappy romances, now that Christmas is over. They're good to have on in the background. 

Yesterday I made chili in the crockpot, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Because it was me making them, the raisins are implied. Ben and I have a running argument about raisins in cookies- he thinks there should be a warning, I think they are implied in certain kinds of cookies. 

And now it's time to go to Bertucci's for lunch with Frank and Charlotte!

Holly

No comments: