Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's May!

The weather has been gorgeous- 60's and 70's during the day, chilly at night. A few nights we were able to sleep with the windows open, which makes the cats very happy. The weather in the midwest was terrible, with May snow. We were afraid Manda and Ben would be caught in the snow, but they lucked out and didn't see any. 

It's been a quiet weekend- my favorite kind. We went to Bob Evans for breakfast yesterday, and they have new thing- 4 servings of several items to go for $5. We got chicken salad, broccoli cheddar soup, and cole slaw to go. For once we thought ahead and took a cooler with us, and Ralph was able to buy hoagies supporting some organization. We went from breakfast to Office Max and got a new desk chair- the other one was leaning to one side. 

On Thursday I took a half day off work and went to the Memorial Service for Roseann's father. The service was short and very nicely done. We got to see her grandchildren at the funeral luncheon, which was also very nicely done. 

Niece Brittany has a new baby boy, and I just finished making him my usual baby gift- an afghan, a few oversized receiving blankets, and some burp clothes. 

I've gotten hooked on this dumb facebook game of Candy Crush, and I'm wasting entirely too much time on it. I'm trying to cut down, as of today. 

I'm between crocheting projects. I got out a baby afghan that I started years ago, and I have to sit and figure out how to follow the pattern. 

Baby Girl is a spaghetti squash this week. Tomorrow Manda will be 31 weeks- not real long to go! 

No word from ortho, but I didn't expect anything. I'm resigned to waiting til August at least. Knock wood, the knee pain is constant but only about a 1-2 on a scale of ten. 

I went into Joann's Fabric to buy a specific magazine Friday, and only bought it! I was most proud of myself. I looked around a little, then pictured my shelves and checked out and left. 

And the beat goes on!         

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very glad to see such excellent information being shared freely out there.

doggienation.com