Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pictures

These are some of the flimsies that I want to get quilted this summer. Above is Mayhem in Manchester, which was a mystery quilt class at MQX taught by Mark Lipinski. It's not the best pic, as it was so bright out that I couldn't see the icon on the camera.
This is a log cabin, blue and green. I like the way the colors are kind of subtle.
This was a mystery on the Quilteville website with Bonnie Hunter. I started out working with the group as the clues were posted, but got behind real fast. Bonnie used orange where I have blue, and called it Orange Crush. I call mine "I found my thrill on blueberry hill." It has 1800 pieces, and is assembled on the diagonal, which was interesting.
This was a mystery class at Quilted Treasures, taught by Libby. I call it Gingerbread Dreams, because the brown squares are gingerbread, and the large green squares and border are pine. Steph has already claimed it.
I started this for Julianna before she was born! The big squares are all umbrellas, and it's so cute and girly!
This was a class at QT also. I love the round secondary pattern, and it's named "The wheels of the bus go round and round." It needs another border to make it a good queen sized, as does Blueberry Hill.
Our HGTV group made a comfort quilt for Lou, who is ailing. A lot of us made blocks, and because some of the group was off to retreat, others made two blocks.
Here's blueberry hill again. We use a program called eye-fi, which downloads the pix from the camera when you put the camera near the computer and turn on the camera. I hate it, and I'm not going to use it anymore. I download the pix to easyshare, then download the ones I want to use to my documents, where they get a number, and I can find the pix to move them to my blog. Ralph insisted on helping me, and he loaded them on the blog, and I have no idea how he did it. He said my way takes too many steps- but- I can do it myself that way!

The blog is supposed to be fun for me, and if he makes it "easier" but I can't do it, it ain't fun! So I'll keep the camera not close to the computer, and do it the way I know how to.

We went to dinner with Steph and Dan last night at Cheesecake Factory, and we all had enough for lunch. Steph had to get memory for her laptop, because she's going to work from home one day a week. And her cell was acting up, which Verizon fixed by taking out the battery and blowing air into the space.

Sam and I got together with her hospice nurse this morning to discuss the progression of her illness. Pam was able to answer her questions and re-assure her. Lou is pretty stable for the moment.

Mom is doing well in rehab. She gets PT every day, and they're watching the fluid in her legs. Her ramp should go in next week (they said that last week, too). They haven't given her a discharge date yet, and she's sick of the place.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

1 comment:

Calico Mermaid said...

Your work is beautiful! I love it all!