Monday, June 27, 2011

First week of vacation!

Vacation may not be the best word, since it's not paid time off. Summer break is more correct. The last week of school was exhausting! Our building is closing, and merging with another school. That meant that everything in the building had to be packed, re-assigned to another building, or tossed. And of course we didn't get the packing boxes til last week, so it was all done in a rush. The nurse who's school is merging with mine has seniority, so I'll be re-assigned, along with most of the staff of my building. It may be the end of August before I know where I'll be in September.

With everything going on in my real life right now, where I work isn't a huge concern. I'm pretty high up on the seniority list, so I'll have a job. Mom is in rehab, and doing pretty well. The diuretics took 30 pounds of fluid from her, mostly in her legs. Thirty pounds! At 8 pounds per gallon, that's almost 4 gallons of fluid! She acknowledges that she waiting way to long to allow us to take her to the ER.

Sam and Lou are both stable, neither gaining or losing any ground at the moment. I worry about the two of them constantly, and see them almost every day. Good thing they only live 2.2 miles from us! Ralph is such a good help to them also.

Yesterday was Ben and Manda's first anniversary! They went to San Antonio, to the Riverwalk, for a long weekend at a B&B. She said they had a wonderful time.

So I have some summer goals, not huge goals, but goals. I want to clean one closet per week, and I want to put one quilt to(flimsy) on the big machine per week. I actually had the same goal last summer, but I was still recovering from the surgery and did no quilting and only cleaned one closet.

So we'll see how that goes. I'm still plugging along at using up every scrap of yarn I have. The current project is a granny stripe in pastels. I manage to sit down in the evening with a glass of wine and crochet and watch The View on the dvr.

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: