Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hot July Sunday!

Miss Millie lays under air conditioning vents! She's not dumb- well she is, but not about that.
This is my 321st post to my blog!
This is the quilt my internet friends made me. I couldn't get the entire thing in one pic and still be able to see details.
Here's a closeup of one of the blocks. Several of the group each made a block, Amanda assembled it (not my Amanda, LOL) and Ashley quilted it.
This is the backing fabric, so nice and cheerful! How could I not get better with all those colors!
I couldn't get the entire label in one pic and have it still be readable.
Lou made the label- isn't it gorgeous! I frequently nap on the couch under the quilt, and it always makes me smile. What a wonderful group of friends!
I finished this yesterday- it's about six feet long. A simple double crochet picking up the back loop only to give it texture.
I'm reading this from the library. It's a mystery, about a TV reported named Riley. It's the third in the series about Riley, and they're quick reads.
These are some of the colors for my next project, which is called Granny Stripe. I saw it on http://bittybitsandpieces.blogspot.com and she has a link to the tutorial on Lucy's site. You have to fasten it off at the end of every 2 rows, when you change colors. I was trying to avoid that, and just tie in the new color, but then the edges aren't straight.
Here's the first two rows- it's a nice dark purple, which the skylight and the flash made washed out looking. The chain has to be a multiple of 3, and I think I did 180, so it'll be a nice size.

Ralph and I went to the diner for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, toast and orange juice. I brought some of mine home, and I still won't need lunch!

It's going up in the 90's again today! Ralph is out cutting the grass (weeds!) before it gets too hot.

Sur La Table had a soft serve ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet machine on sale with free shipping. I had it sent to Eddie and Juliana. They made strawberry soft serve in it, and Eddie said it's the best ice cream he's ever had! And they love to get packages! Heather knew it was coming, and we followed the tracking number, so they were home when it arrived. The machine is by Cuisinart, and it's also available on amazon. Heather said it has a great recipe book with it, so they can make lots of different things.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: