Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another day.

Yesterday I had an episode of afib. I'd stopped taking the cardiziem because it made me feel awful. Sick people don't make good decisions. I think I was dehydrating, and went into afib. We called 911 because I didn't think I could walk to the car.

Cardizem IV put me right back in sinus rhythym, and I was thrilled that I got discharged. We got home about 10 pm. I have an appt with my cardiologist next Tuesday. I'm taking the cardizem right before I go to bed, so it shouldn't make me feel bad.

The antibiotic is making me vomit every day- this is just too much fun. Now I'm trying taking the zofram with the pill, without food, to see if this helps. I can't wait til Monday, when I finish both antibiotics and also the lovenox shots.

The visiting nurse comes tomorrow to change the wound vac dressing. I've had substitute nurses and "my" nurse should be here tomorrow. I want some continuity, so they can on-goingly assess the wound.

The granddogs are here. Steph has to go do a presentation for work tomorrow that means she leaves at 0600. So Toast will sleep with me and Whiskey will sleep with Ralph.

Tomorrow is our 38th anniversary! Where did the time go? I was 19 and Ralph was 24. It was a beautiful wedding and the reception was fun. At the time brides were big on adults only receptions, but I wanted all my cousins to share in my big day. The reception was held in a fire hall, and we had a buffet. One of my favorite pix is Ralph and I with our grandparents.

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: