Monday, April 26, 2010

I went out today!

Every day Ralph asks me if I feel like going out to lunch. Today I was feeling better than I have in weeks, so we went to Applebee's. The weather was awful, all dreary and rainy, but it felt so good to get out!

I had their fabulous broccoli cheese soup, and brought home an extra one for tomorrow when he's working. By the time we got home I felt like I'd ran a marathon! But I did it! And I'll go out on Wednesday, to the doctor's office to discuss surgery.

Janome is coming out with a new sewing machine, the 7700. Mine is the 6500, and it's 5 years old and runs perfect, and I love it, so I have no plans to get the new one. It might be fun to test drive it, but none of the upgraded features are worth the price- $3200! Wow! When I got mine it had a list price of $1500, and I got it for $1000, and couldn't believe I was spending that much money. It's one of the best investments I've ever made! I figure I'll use it till I absolutely wear it out.

I just finished some really good books. A trilogy by Jayne Anne Krentz about Eclipse Bay, which were romantic suspense. I've never read a book by her that I didn't love. And Coming Home by Mariah Stewart, the first of a new trilogy by her. She writes about FBI agents and their families- a little more than romantic suspense, but not hard boiled. A cozy plus.

And so it goes!

Holly

1 comment:

elsie123 said...

Good for you on going out to lunch! I'll have to give the soup a try, usually chicken tortilla soup is what I get at On the Border.

Hope all goes well at the doc's office.