Sunday, March 7, 2010

No pix this weekend

It was in the 50's, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and it wasn't snowing! Saturday morning Steph and I went to Somerset to the NJ Quilt Fest, which is a Mancuso show. I was there the first year the show was held, and hadn't been back til now. It's 75 miles away, admission is $12- why these little shows charge more than Houston, I have no idea.

There were 70 vendors. We stroked some fabric, but there wasn't anything I had to have. The quilts were primarily artsy quilts, and small. Some were gorgeous, some were ridiculous. You have to wonder who would take the time to make a quilt showing the brain, head, chest and stomach? Ick, already. I didn't even take any pix of the quilts. I'd heard that the quilts were mainly ones already shown at the Midlantic show in Virginia last week.

On the way home, we stopped off for lunch at Chili's. It's always nice to spend the day with Steph. I came home and took a nap after all the walking we did.

Today I had some errands to run, then we went to Frank and Charlotte's for Frank's birthday party. It was fun to spend time with the family.

I just finished a fun book from the library. "Too good to be true" by Kristan Higgins. When Grace's former fiancee starts dating her younger sister, Grace doesn't want anyone's pity, so she makes up a fabulous boyfriend. Of course it backfires on her. I loved Grace and her crazy family, and really enjoyed the book. A nice, light romance that had me laughing out loud.

I found the problem with the book bundle I bought for the Nook. The publisher is Harlequin, and they're the ones that did the terrible job of formatting. I emailed them, and got kind of a snotty email back that that's how they bundle their books. I thanked them for the heads up, and said I will never buy another ebook bundle published by Harlequin. And I'll tell anyone who'll listen "Don't buy any ebooks bundled by Harlequin!"

I started a small baby afghan for donation. The home ec teacher at work has her classes make afghans for Dooley House, which is a place for sick infants. Several staff also make afghans for her to donate. I like to keep the few charity projects I do on a local basis.

Ralph hopes to have the bathroom done by Wednesday. He spackled around the tub, and it's drying. Tomorrow comes sanding and paint. The last to be done will be the vanity top and the toilet.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: