Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

It's been a nice, quiet day. I met up with Mike, Donna, Michael and Jake at Mom's this morning for bagels and donuts and gifts. Came home to do laundry and pack for my trip tomorrow. Ralph is working- his last ER Christmas! Steph is going to Kate's for dinner, and when they heard I was alone, I was invited but declined. I enjoyed the quiet time too much to want to go out.

Heather and I both printed out our boarding passes. She flies out of Charlotte, I fly out of Philly, and we meet in Minneapolis and fly to Omaha. We hope. The Midwest is having a blizzard for Christmas! The blizzard should be ending around now, and hopefully they are better at cleanup than south jersey is! Rapid Rover picking me up at 0900 tomorrow morning.

The reason for our trip is that a friend of Polly's (Ben's mom) is giving a bridal/groom shower for Ben and Manda, and invited us. When I talked to Manda today, the house where the shower is being held didn't have power, which could be a problem!

It's warmish here, and raining. Not supposed to go below freezing tonight, which is good. I'm mostly packed, just have to throw in pj's and my pillow. I always get a slight case of pre-flight jitters.

So we'll see how it goes!
Holly

No comments: