Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day!

Wow, the unofficial end of summer already! This summer just zipped on by. The weather was generally very nice, and we ran the air less than usual. Looking back, it was a busy summer. Ralph and I spent a week in North Carolina visiting Ed, Heather, Eddie and Julianna.

Then Steph, Manda and I were gone for 10 days to Seattle and Alaska. Two more states to add to our visited list, along with British Columbia. It's the first time I've been to the west coast, and I really enjoyed the entire trip.

When Steph and I got back, Ralph left for a week in the Poconos. It was his idea of a vacation- he took classes and got 3 more computer certifications. I can't in good conscience ask him to cruise with me (not that he would agree to) because I know he would absolutely hate it. Where the movement of the ship didn't bother me at all, he'd be constantly afraid of the boat sinking. Where we would sit and watch the water, or go to activities, he'd be bored to death. He doesn't do pools, either. The only parts he would like would be the meals and the shore excursions. So, as much as I'd love him to do a cruise with us, it just ain't going to happen. Sigh.

So school starts for the kids tomorrow, and I get right back into the work routine. By the end of the week, it'll be like summer never happened. The Health Dept was in talking about the H1N1 (swine) flu, and it looks like they'll be coming into the schools to give the shots. Two shots (or nasal spray, it's not clear yet) three weeks apart. Parent consent will be required- more paperwork!

With us not having 5th grade anymore, and most of the grammar schools keeping their 6th graders, our numbers will be down to under 300! I've never had that few kids!

And on a quilting note, I've been cutting up fabric all weekend. There's a line of fabric that's all wedding themed, and I'm going to make a square-in-a-square throw for Manda and Ben. It'll definately be girly looking- a lot of pinks, light blues, wedding gowns and cakes on it. It should come out really cute. I should have another couple hours of cutting, then I can get to the sewing.

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: