Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm so confused!

I love being off work for the summer, but it puts me in a permanent state of confusion. What day is it, anyway? Back when I worked in the hospital, you checked to see if a person was oriented by asking "What day is it?" I fail that one bigtime.

Yesterday the other half of our replacement windows, and the dining room slider were put in. They look fabulous! We're hoping it will make a difference in energy consumption. And it'll be great to be able to open windows without having to wedge books into the opening!

Yesterday when I was here with the window guys, Ralph, his Mom, and Helen made the funeral arrangements for Uncle Frank. Everything will be on Monday, with a luncheon afterward at Charlie Brown's Resturant. That's the same place where the luncheons were held after the funerals of Ralph's Dad and my Dad. It's close, reasonably priced, and they have a separate room for groups.

Manda, after a lot of soul searching, decided not to come home. Flights with no notice are expense, and she'd only be here for a day or so. And it's a longish flight, 3.5 hours to fly in from Houston.

Tomorrow Steph gets her eyeballs lasered, so I'll pick her up and bring her here to sleep off the xanax they'll give her. Ralph and his brother Frank are going to Uncle Frank's to do some clean up and sorting, and Charlotte is going to look into flowers for the funeral. Uncle Frank didn't want any, but tough.

And now I'm going to bed. What day is it again?

Holly

No comments: