Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Happy March!

 I had a finish! A kit that I bought I don't know when. It's baby/toddler sized.


We went to Julianna's play at her high school!

It was a musical named Memphis, set in the early 1950's when there was white music and black music, and radio stations for each. A DJ named Huey started introducing black music to white people, and it didn't always go well. Julianna played a dancer. 


A library run!

When we had our kitchen redone 3 years ago, there was going to be one piece linoleum, til the contractor ripped it putting it down. I don't know why we didn't insist they remove it. A replacement was ordered, and the wrong thing was sent, so I wanted something in stock.


This did not hold up at all, it was coming up. This was the time when Joseph died, and I was not up to dealing with Lowe's. By the time I was, they insisted it was not under warranty, was cheap flooring, blah, blah, blah. I fought for 2 years, and did get some money refunded, but the manager refused to authorize removing the defective flooring and putting something else down. 

In December, I'd had enough, and we went to a flooring place recommended by my brother. For $500 more than I'd gotten refunded, they would remove both layers and put down the new flooring that I picked out.

Yesterday was the demo. 13 man hours later, the old flooring was gone.



The dark patches are leveler. They were able to keep the plywood under flooring.

Today was the install! 12 man hours later, we have a beautiful new floor!




We're very happy with it, and relieved to have it done!

No comments: