Saturday, February 19, 2022

Shopping!

 Yesterday I went and had routine labs drawn first thing. Then I came home and got Ralph, and we went to Lowe's to look at carpet. 


This is the one I picked for the sewing room.


Our handyman got the closet doors installed, and they look so good! We also bought a new room darkening shade for the room.

Two nights ago I had an epiphany. Swap the guest room and sewing room!

When the kids were little, the current sewing room was Manda's room, and the guest room was Steph's room. When Heather got married and moved out, Steph had moved downstairs to Heather's old room with the waterbed, so her room was a catch all room. A year or so later I took up quilting, and used the kitchen table to sew on. I decided I needed a sewing room, since people foolishly thought they should be able to eat on the kitchen table.

I told Steph that unless she wanted her room back, I was going to make it into my sewing room. I told her that several times. The day I was going to start moving things, she decided to move back upstairs, as it would be easier with Toast, her mini dachshund. 

So I waiting til Manda graduated and moved to Houston, then I claimed her room for a sewing room. I just never got around to changing it after Steph moved out. Steph's room became the guest room, which got a lot of use for a while.

Manda's room has one window, Steph's has 3, so it's much brighter. And while I have the whole house ripped apart is a good time to switch them out. 

We have the carpet company coming on Tuesday to measure both rooms. We'll have Manda's room done first, so we can move the furniture from Steph's room into it, so the handyman can fix the wall and paint in there, then we'll have that carpet put in, then the real transition can start!

No comments: