Thursday, March 10, 2022

A week of floors!

 Last week was the kitchen floor,  yesterday was the guest room to be!



I'm very happy with it.

And our guy started the laundry room!

Before:


Bad pic, but I forgot to take one, and Ralph had to text me the one he took. Old paneling, old wallpaper.

In progress:



New sheetrock up, taped and mudded. He's going to be here in a while and do the ceiling. The floor is new, we had that done after Tina passed. She'd had litter pan issues, and wrecked the 30 year old tile that was there.


A library run!

A finish! Another kit I'd bought a while ago. Three different snowflake patterns, each done in 4 colors. I'm thinking maybe having them drape over the mantle for next winter. 


One kit left! These are only 2 rounds and a border, so should go super fast- as long as I actually work on them! 

Manda texted late last night that she and her family and Steph and Dan plan to visit this summer! Maybe the end part of July, for Amary's birthday. With the bed and pull out couch in the guest room, as well as the inflatable kid sized mattress, they should be able to use the new guest room without Ben having to sleep on the couch. Before, the kids insisted on being with Manda in the queen bed, so he would use the couch. Which is not a hardship, I sleep on it all the time. They usually divide their time between here and Heather's. Steph always has hotel points, and she and Dan like their privacy, so they stay at a hotel. The kids just want to be with Eddie and Julianna, and the pool, and Honey Rose. And I can get a new family picture, yay! It's been 3 years since we took the last one, pre pandemic. We haven't seen Manda and her group in 2 1/2 years! 

LOL, I finally watched the last Hallmark Christmas movie that I had on the DVR! 

No comments: