Thursday, January 6, 2022

Snow!

 We got about 6 inches of snow on Monday, Heather got more, since she's closer to the shore. Then we got a little rain, so it's mostly gone. Tonight we're supposed to get 4-5 more inches. 


Tuesday was Heather and Ed's 20th anniversary! So of course Heather was out in the snow with her cape and tiara, and of course Jules had to pose with the cape. She looks like a snow princess! So beautiful.


This is a kit for a baby afghan, I figured I would do it while on my break from the cross stitch.


I don't know how I missed this author, she has like 60 books out! She said the inspiration for this one were the movies Gaslight and Rear Window. It was fantastic, very suspenseful and lots of tension. 

I made turkey breast in the crockpot Monday. It came out so good, so moist! I made an 8 pound one, we love the leftovers. Turkey sandwich is my favorite, just turkey, salt and mayo on toast. Yum!

The decorations are mostly down. My gnome family is still on the mantle, but they are more winter than Christmas. And I haven't gotten around to changing out the shower curtains yet. 

We went food shopping yesterday, so we're in good shape, not that we're ever snowed in for very long. And Ralph had breakfast with the Veterans, so he brought me home an omelet and bacon.

1 comment:

quiltbea said...

Love the cape. She looks Victorian. Nice.
quiltbea