Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday again!

Being retired is the most wonderful thing! We live on our schedule, not work schedules. And there are so many things to do! I've had my new Tucson for a year now, and just hit 5000 miles on it! If I was still working, it'd be at least double that. I have a lot of days that I don't have to be anywhere, so I stay in.

Heather came up to go to lunch with us on Wednesday, and I sent Julianna three tote bags of fabric- some fat quarters, and the patriotic and halloween fabric that I had. She's taken to sewing like a duck to water! After sewing a month, and without ever having a lesson, she's putting in zippers! Zippers! Everyone I tell is totally impressed. 


I got Northern Lights started! Once I started doing it correctly, it looked a lot better and moved a lot faster! My goal is two rows per day. 
I love my temperature afghan! It's getting warm and snuggly already!
Temp scarf is as long as the ottoman! It's just single crochet, and the same colors as the afghan.
This mitre insists on photographing as blues, but it's actually greens. I'm calling it spearmint.
I sat down and startled Tina, but she didn't leap up and run away. She stayed in the chair and dozed til she heard Ralph go into the kitchen, then she had to run off and see what he was doing- it could involve food for her!

And it's Sunday again, which means lunch with Frank and Charlotte. Olive Garden this week, Ralph's pick. I finished watching Ripper Street on Netflix, and now I'm watching The Killing, which is set in Seattle. I love the not having to fast forward thru commercials aspect of Netflix! 

The end of an era for me- I just renewed my nursing license, and made it inactive. It costs about half of an active license, and I didn't have to have the thirty CEU's needed for an active license. I had the license continuously for thirty years, but have no desire to work in the field, or any other field, anymore. So it was time.
 

 
 
 

No comments: