Friday, April 13, 2018

Finally!

We're supposed to have a warm day today, imagine that! Of course the nice weather will only last a few days, then back to coldish and dreary for the weekend.

The temperature afghan is coming along nicely! This low today will be 59, which is a green. I'm really tired of the blues, so it'll be a nice change. 

 
 The temperature scarf is also coming along.

The peanut butter swirl small granny is also finished, and I've move along to a butterscotch color.

Sly is getting to be a real lap cat! He sits with me once or twice a day now! And if I don't pet him, he bumps his head against my hand.

I bought this pattern as a kit after seeing one done on a facebook group. The website said out of stock til June, but I had it within ten days! 

I went thru my yarn and gave away all the stray skeins I had. I'd made my friend Jean a lot of chemo hats, and I had all those skeins. Plus I bought some blanket weight yarn and hated it, so out it went, to my friend's church's crochet group, where it will be used. I also passed along two totes of cross stitch and counted cross stitch projects from mom's that I had no interest in. It felt good to pass them along to where they will be used and loved.


I bought  the serger at the Houston Quilt Show, back when Manda and Ben lived in Houston. I think I used it once. Now that Manda is sewing a lot, I shipped the serger and thread off to her. She's busy practicing on it.
We went to lunch, and I got this great spinach and strawberry salad! I brought home enough that we shared it with our dinner!

Settlement is in ten days, which explains why I'm up at 4.30 a.m. writing on my blog! I'll breathe a sigh of relief and sadness when it's over.




 

No comments: