Thursday, January 11, 2018

A heat wave!

After the first week of January not getting above 20, the low 40's is wonderful. 

The temperature afghan was looking real boring for that first week! This year's is a ripple stitch, using the back loop, with a G hook. The hook is a Furl's that Manda gave me for my birthday 2 years ago. Very comfortable to use.

Steph is home for a few days after a meeting in north jersey, and I just mended a pair of slacks for her, and hemmed a pair of jeans for her. 

Yesterday Ralph, Steph, Heather and I went to Brio's for lunch, then to LL Bean and Plow and Hearth to browse. 

I'm still working on the Campfire Cardigan. The hood is done, I just have to finish the sleeves, then do a finish row around the whole thing. I'm resisting starting another project until I finish it, and I even leave it on the ottoman at night so I see it first thing. 

Ralph and Mike are doing some cleaning up at Mom's. We're hoping to get it on the market really soon. 

 

No comments: