Sunday, January 24, 2016

The blizzard of 2016

 It started snowing Friday evening, and it snowed and snowed and snowed. It totalled out at about 18 inches for us- that's a whole lot of snow! 

I made us eggs and pork roll for breakfast yesterday, and chicken salad sandwiches and cole slaw for lunch. Dinner was leftovers of chicken pot pie. Ralph can't eat any of the commercial pot pies, because they put peas in them, which he's allergic to. So it's a treat for him. I use diced potatoes and carrots, and a can of broccoli cheddar soup, and one of cream of chicken soup, and make a two crust pie. The chicken I precook in the crock pot. 

I had my first project finish of the year, a crocheted hooded scarf for Steph to use when she travels to cold places for work. It's made with chunky yarn, and I'm happy with it. I'm back to work on my temperature afghan now. Next I have to get Julianna's cape started, and a small afghan for the Burlington County Farm Fair raffle. 

Tomorrow is a snow day from work- the city takes a while to get dug out, and it's primarily a walking district. There's something wonderful about a snow day! 

Shelfari and Good Reads are merging. I'm not sure how I'll like that, not that I have a choice. Amazon owns both. 

No comments: