Saturday, June 27, 2015

Terrible storm!

We had an awful storm Tuesday night. It had been so hot that we had an early dismissal from work, so I'd stopped for gas and went to the library on the way home. 

I was sitting crocheting and watching TV when Ralph told me I should get a flashlight, that there was a tornado warning. Just then the rain and wind started, and the power went out. The storm only lasted a little while, but it wreaked havoc over this end of the county and the next county.

The power ended up being out for 48 hours here! Frank and Charlotte are still out, going on 90 hours. There were so many trees down that I stayed home from work Wednesday. We had no cell service, so I had to go to Mom's and use her land line to call out. 

Thursday was the last day of school, so I went in, even tho the power was still out. Thanks to the generator, Ralph was able to keep our fridge and freezer, and our neighbor's fridge going. He didn't start it til the next morning, so we did lose some things from the fridge. We were so happy when the power came back on Thursday night! 

Our neighbor decided to get his own generator, and ended up ordering it online, I assume from amazon, because he couldn't get one locally. He got one the same size as ours, so we'll all be in good shape if the power goes out again. Knock wood, it won't!

Manda got my plane tickets for me- I'm going out the second week of August, and coming back August 31st. Hopefully Baby Boy will arrive a little early, or at least on his due date. 

I'm working on BB's afghan, and have a hat and diaper cover that I want to get going.  

Holly

No comments: