Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1

The year is half over! How did that happen? I think June was as long as the other five months put together. Manda is 38 weeks today! Baby Girl will join a lot of other July babies- Steph, Dan, John, Nadia, Juliette, Helen, Polly, my late grandfather, Mackenzie, and Connor.

Today starts our first full week of summer break, finally! I've finished up the crochet projects that I wanted to get dome before Baby Girl arrives. Now I'm using the accuquilt Go to cut up fabric from the scrap bin into 6 inch squares. Nice, mindless activity. 

Ralph started swimming lessons! I'm so excited- it's the first step in getting him on a cruise ship! When we were talking at Sharon's about a dinner cruise off Cape May, he said he thought taking lessons would make him less afraid of the water. He was able to find a series of lessons that started last Monday. He feels like he did well. Of course, we had to run out and get him a bathing suit before he could start. 

My baby will be 30 this week! I was 30 when she was born, so this is the year that I'm double her age. To celebrate turning 30, she and Dan are going away for the weekend, which means the dogs are coming here. It'll be their first overnight stay since the cats arrived, which will be interesting. The dogs are used to cats, but we don't know if the cats have ever been around dogs. 

I'm mailing my clothes to Manda this week, so I don't have to pay the airline for luggage costs. And I'll only need one tote, to carry my pillow, iPad, and Kindle and their chargers. All the electronics that are so important to me, that didn't exist 10 years ago. Amazing! 

And rain! I'm so sick of the daily monsoon that we've been having! And when it's not raining, it's so humid and hot that I don't even want to be outside. I'm looking forward to the cooler temps of WA. 

I read a lot in June! 24 books, 14 on the kindle. I only have one book on request at the library, because I won't be here for over two weeks. 

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: