Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another school year ending! Finally!

The kids got done Friday, and staff has to go in tomorrow. June was such a long month, and knowing that our district is the last to get out doesn't help. But the end is in sight!

And Ralph is home! He went off on Amtrak to visit Manda and Ben- 6 days total travel time, 8 days visiting. He worked thru and completed their entire to do list! The cats and I really missed him. They're used to having him around during the day, and I'm used to him being here at night. 

We just turned the AC back on- it got to 80 in the house, and the humidity is awful. While Ralph was gone, all it did was rain and rain! 

Aetna and Kennedy Health haven't made nice yet, so no new left knee for me. The right one will be a year old this week- that went fast. 

July 12 I leave for WA! But I'm going the sensible way, via a 5 hour direct flight. I'll just have to suck it up and pee on the plane. I'll be there til the end of July, and the day after I leave, Polly and Randy arrive. Baby Girl is due July 15, and the docs don't let anyone go more than a week past due date. I'm not a happy flier, but the train would turn me into a raving lunatic. 

I just finished the baby cocoon, and I'm working on the matching hat. I've also read a lot this month-15 books already! 

I'm planning my next WA trips. In November we have 5 days off for convention, and I'm heading out. Heather and the kids may go with me. The day after Christmas Steph says she'll go with me, and she said she'll go over Easter break with me as well. She and Dan are also going over Labor Day. 

We were at Sharon and Jim's for Connor's and MacKenzie's birthday parties yesterday, so we got to visit with Frank and Charlotte. Steph and Dan came along, and were telling us about a 2 hour dinner cruise off Cape May, and Ralph said he'd be willing to try it! Yay! A good step in the direction of a cruise! 

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: