Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunny Days!

It's so nice and sunny and beautiful outside! Last night I set my bedside clock ahead, and reminded Ralph to do his. This morning I slept in, then got up and went and got my hair trimmed and went to Michaels crafts to get more scarf yarn. Then I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a bagel for my brunch. 

I know I haven't blogged in weeks. I felt so lousy for almost 3 weeks! From nausea, to a head cold, to a chest cold, back to nausea- I was going to work and that was it. 

Last weekend I did feel well enough to go to Julianna's and Mom's birthday party. Julianna is very into something called Monster High, and she got a bunch of the ugliest dolls I've ever seen! And their arms and legs are interchangable! 

It was nice to visit with Jeanne, Michelle, Charlotte, Sharon, Pam, Heather and Steph, Mom and Donna. The kids ran around inside and outside, and sang a lot of karaoke. The men were in and out of the garage. Our family parties are always so much fun! 

Mom Florence is having more and more falls. The asst living people are concerned, and asked for a hospice eval. Hospice guidelines have changed, and you no longer need a terminal diagnosis. The eval was done Friday, and they've taken her on as a patient on a 90 day trial. They will provide an aide to help/supervise her showering- one of her falls was in the shower. She'll see a nurse twice a week, and they'll have a priest come to see her. 

Baby Girl Briles is a dancing girl, Manda tells us! Two weeks ago she was the size of a banana, last week she was a carrot, which is weird, since I see as banana as bigger than a carrot. 

Next week the dogs come to visit for a week while Steph and Dan head to sunny Florida!

My insurance company and my hospital of choice aren't playing nice right now, so I can't schedule my knee surgery yet, which is really annoying. 

I read a really good series of books by Tasha Alexander. They take place in Victorian England, and the main character is Lady Emily. Emily married to get out from under her mother's control, and a few minutes later her husband went on safari to Africa and died. Emily was not in love with him, but during the course of her two year period of mourning she reads his journals and falls in love with him. Then comes word that he might be alive! 

And the beat goes on!

No comments: