Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday

It's spring! On paper, anyway. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow, but the last several times snow has been predicted, it's been only a dusting. We'll see. 

Steph and Dan will be home this afternoon, so the dogs will go home. They've been really good all week, we only had to go out in the middle of the night once. It'll be nice to go back to our no-dog routine. And the cats are coming tomorrow! Ralph keeps forgetting to ask their names. He's excited that they are coming to live with us. 

Baby Girl was a large mango for the past week. We're giving a baby shower for them on April 20, which should be fun. I've gotten some small, cute gifts for her. And Manda and Ben bought a house for Baby Girl! They have settlement right after the shower. The house is in Mill Creek, their preferred town. It looks beautiful in the pictures. 

We have a short work week- half day Thursday, off Friday and the whole next week! I'm ready for a break. I used 4 sick days in September when I had bronchitis, and one personal day in October, for Dave and Juliette's wedding, and I've been at work every other day. I have 31 sick days built up, and I'm hoarding them. I learned when I was so sick in 2010 and used 70 sick days in a row, to not waste them, because you never know what is going to happen. 

I plan to use the week off to construct two crib sized quilts for Baby Girl. I was in Joann's Fabrics, and took pix of the baby panels with my phone. Ralph emailed them to Manda for me, and she picked the ones she liked. I also have flannel for some receiving blankets and for burp cloths. 

Julianna was named a STAR at school! And Eddie went to the Meteor race with Ed, and took his bike, and he was taking scores back and forth. 

Today would have been my grandmother Alice's birthday. Next Sunday is Big Mike's birthday. Mom has been teasing that he's now the patriarch of the family, since he's a grandfather. But she adds that she's still the matriarch, which trumps patriarch. 

Ralph is off on his Sunday morning visit with his mom. She's continuing to decline, and he's so sad. 

And the roofer guy finally came, and diagnosed a leak by the skylight. It needs flashing, wood, and shingles, but will cost a lot less than I was afraid of!
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment and say keep up the quality work. doggienation.com