Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ten days to go!

Ten days til my new knee! One more doctor appt, with my primary for clearance. No problem, she said if it's good with cardiology, it's good with her. 


It's been so nice and cool at night. We've been making the cat happy and sleeping with the windows open. 


Today is Father's Day, another Hallmark Holiday. 


Barbara came down yesterday and basted her double wedding ring on the HQ. She plans to handquilt it this winter, and this way she doesn't have to worry about anything shifting, or pin marks. It's a huge quilt, queen sized, and just gorgeous. 


I saw the ortho partner in charge of rehab, Dr. Nolan. Day one and two postop will be in the hospital, getting out of bed with a walker, and CPM. He recommends acute rehab starting day 3, to jumpstart the rehab. It would be PT three times a day, and last  a week to ten days. His office will get that into the works. 


I had dinner with Roseanne Thursday night. We email every day, but rarely see each other, so it was great. Her daughter Lauren works in an EPS lab, and she sent me a powerpoint presentation on afib ablation. I think I'll wait til after the procedure to read that. Ignorance can be bliss! 


John is coming up for a long weekend, arriving the day after my surgery. So I won't get to see very much of him, but it's always a bonus to see him. 


EasyShare is being discontinued, so I have to figure out another way to post pix. I was considering a new camera, since mine is 6 years old, but Ralph is keeping his on the computer desk so I can use that. Another summer project. 


Four more days of school! We are always the last district to get out, because of all the ridiculous holidays we have off. 


I read the newest Jennifer Chiaverinni book, The Wedding Quilt. I think that series has run it's course- this book was set 25 years in the future. It's one of those series that I'm not sure why I read. 


And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: