Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Hallmark Holiday

Mother's Day is a nice idea, but it's turned into such a Hallmark Holiday. The radio showed that women want for gifts, in order, Flowers, Spa Days, jewelry, and iPads! And Heather heard a study that showed a correlation between "bad" Mother's Day gifts and divorce. Good grief! 


I've had a nice day. Heather and I went and got pedicures, and Steph and Dan brought us dinner from Gallery Pizza- she also dropped dinner off to my mom. Ralph and I are taking the moms to dinner next week- I won't touch a restrurant on Mother's Day- limited menus, and terrible crowds. 


Heather received the Excellence in Nursing award for her unit! It's a peer driven award, which makes it more special. Way to go, Heather!This afternoon they were taking the jet ski to the beach- it's a beautiful day for it.


I had the xray and CT with contrast done of my knee. Those measurements will allow the knee implant to be custom made for me. Knee day is June 27. My knee was so sore after the contrast injection that I iced, elevated, took tylenol and did nothing for 24 hours.


Steph and Dan spent the week in their timeshare in the Poconos. They did a lot of things- Bushkill Falls, wineries and breweries, movies, and a lot of relaxing. Toast and Whiskey stayed here for the week. 


Manda and Ben finished moving out of the corporate housing into their new apartment today. All their furniture and boxes of belongings were delivered Friday, and they can sleep in their own bed now. They sent me tayberry jam, lemon lotion and chocolates, all made in Washington State, for Mother's Day. They were enjoying living right in Seattle, but Ben's commute was ridiculous. 

It's been rainy, chilly and dreary all week, but this weekend has been so nice. More rain is predicted, of course. All week, Cliffie would run out when the dogs went out, and she's gotten used to a daily trip outside. It may take a while for her to get over that. 

And the beat goes on!
Holly


No comments: