Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wow- it's been 2 weeks

I try to post at least once a week- I'm falling down on the job! 

Last weekend, Manda and Ben came in for a short (less than 72 hours) visit. They got in Thursday night at midnight, and left Sunday afternoon. We always pack a lot into their visits. We had Amish food waiting for them when they got here, and they brought kolaches for Steph and Dan. 

Friday I took a personal day, and met Steph and Manda at Tranquility Spa and had my first ever pedicure! It was so cool, but my feet are ticklish. We all went out to dinner, and then just visited. Saturday was the big party- Julianna turned 5 and my Mom turned 82. The party was at Ed and Heather's, and we had such a good time! Wore out the great grandmothers! Steph and Dan, Manda and Ben left around 7 to go to Tim's 31st birthday party (how are these kids getting so old?). 

Sunday Heather came up and we went to brunch.From there, Steph and Dan took them to the airport, and another visit was over. Ben and Manda's big news was that Ben was offered, and accepted, a promotion and a transfer to Everett, Washington (25 miles from Seattle). They're going in the wrong direction! But it's a good career move for him, and the space program is so iffy now, that it's best to bet on a sure thing. He'll still be working for Boeing. Boeing is handling all their relocation expenses! Kitten has been given a clean bill of health, and the vet approved of her flying. She's about 17, but in excellent health.

I saw my primary, and the dermatologist for my hand. I also made appointments with the sleep study people and the cardiologist I want to do the ablation. He operates out of Our Lady of Lourdes in Camden, and comes highly recommended. The symvasc for my knee is somewhere caught up in bureaucracy- I have to check on that tomorrow. 

This is moving weekend! Steph and Dan are renting Sam's house, and it's finally ready. The carpet went in on Thursday. The countertop still has to be replaced, and that will happen in two weeks. They were sleeping there last night for the first time. It's been a four month process, clearing out, and re-doing a lot of things. Having 6 dogs and an incontinent cat makes for a stinky house, and it had to be primed, painted, kilz on the floor, new rugs, and even trim and doors. The odor just permeated everything. 

In February i read 11 books, six from the library and the rest on the Nook or Kindle. I played a lot of Words with Friends on the iPad, and that silly Angry Birds game. I crocheted some, and sewed none. 

And the beat goes on!

No comments: