Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My sore knee

My knee didn't get any better, so I went to the doctor last Wednesday night and she ordered an xray. She suspected it was the arthritis, based on the clicking and crackling when I extended the leg. Turns out the arthritis is significantly worse than the least xray, which was maybe 5 years ago. So I went in today and got a cortisone injection. 

I was a nervous wreck, based on what I've heard about cortisone injections. It turned out to be not bad at all. She put a topical spray to numb the skin, and the injection also had lidocaine in it, for more immediate relief. I have no restrictions, and can drive. I can go back to work tomorrow, as long as I feel up to it. The lidocaine gives immediate relief, and the steroid will kick in sometime tomorrow. I also have referrals for PT, ortho, and an MRI. It actually feels better already!

I've done some sewing this week! My friend Barbara has decreed that we will each do a Christmas present or project per month. I'm starting small- I found a tablerunner pattern I like, and I'm making 3, one for each daughter. Two are now flimsies, and the third is cut out and partially assembled. When I get that done, I'll pull backing and quilt all three. The hardest part will be to not give them to my daughters now. 

I took the big Kindle, the DX, up to my mom on Christmas Day for her to play with. She was apprehensive of it at first, but now she's getting used to it and really enjoying it. I had about 300 books on it for her. Amazon has been listing hundreds of free books every day for a month now. 

I have both the kindle and nook apps on the iPad, so I can read on that, but the screen is kind of big. I took an iPad 101 class, and learned a lot. iPad 102 is at the end of the month. 

Cliffie is mostly a house cat now, and is using the litter pan. My friend Sandra suggested putting some dirt on the litter, and that helped. She's the biggest and most solid cat we've ever had, and one of the most talkative. 

And I'm off to ice the knee!
Holly









No comments: